Sunday, January 02, 2011

A New Year's Omen?

Bookmark and Share
Print
"There is no faithfulness, no love, no acknowledgment of God in the land. There is only cursing, lying and murder, stealing and adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed. Because of this the land mourns, and all who live in it waste away; the beasts of the field and the birds of the air and the fish of the sea are dying. [Hosea 4:1-3]

The fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the beasts of the field, every creature that moves along the ground, and all the people on the face of the earth will tremble at my presence. The mountains will be overturned, the cliffs will crumble and every wall will fall to the ground. [Ezekiel 38:20]

"I will sweep away both men and animals; I will sweep away the birds of the air and the fish of the sea. The wicked will have only heaps of rubble when I cut off man from the face of the earth," declares the LORD. [Zephaniah 1:3]

Thousands of blackbirds mysteriously fell from the sky on New Year's eve in Arkansas:





GOOGLE MAP OF ALL DYING BIRD AND FISH INCIDENTS WORLDWIDE


Black birds are deemed an omen for great change:

What omen are black birds?

In: Birds, Myths and Folklore, Signs and Omens

Depending on the species of blackbird, and what folklore you are looking at, they can mean different things. They have been considered messengers of great change, speakers for the dead, and a warning of some kind.

This reminds me of an odd experience I had a couple of years ago.

One day at an office where I was working someone came into the office and said there was a big crow standing on the pitch of the roof over the entrance cawing away. About 15 minutes later another resident came in and reported the same thing. Thinking this odd, I went outside to take a look and sure enough there was this huge crow standing on the front pitch of the roof right over the entrance of the office cawing incessantly. I went back in, got a digital camera, went back out a snapped a photo. I then returned to the office and Googled what sort of omen this might be and learned that the crow signified change.



Just as I had learned this, someone showed up from the main office, and I told them what I had seen and what it meant. The person then told me the omen was accurate and I was laid off right then and there after 9 years of service and I've been unemployed ever since.

Great change may be ahead in 2011, folks, and I seriously doubt it's the Obama kind of 'false hope' that everyone can 'make believe' in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails